The IELTS Speaking Part 1 is a relatively easy section and you can do well easily in this part, however, Part 1 is not graded separately but you can avoid mistakes and show off your English easily and conveniently.
Below is the list of points for What To Do and What Not To Do.
- Show the examiner you are confident by smiling and looking him or her in the Eyes.
- Show off your English – answer the question in detail (at least two or three sentences).
- Show that you are comfortable by talking freely about yourself and your past.
- Make sure you are practiced well enough so that you can use the past tense correctly.
Not to Do:
- Do not get nervous or blink your eyes and move about too much.
- Avoid Yes/No or one-word answers or very short answers.
- Do not wait for another question; continue speaking till you answer the question in detail.
- Do not be afraid to correct yourself if you make any grammatically error.